(t5!) My Year In Lists 2011: #Hashtags! Honorable Mentions


At the onset of 2011, nothing was going right for me. I was unemployed, and bringing the love of my life over was strictly dependent on getting myself a steady income. But thanks to the Chinese zodiac, I had an illogical reason to be optimistic. I read somewhere that people born on the Year of the Pig (1983) was going to have a fruitful 2011, the Year of the Rabbit. I was never a believer of astrology, but I needed every bit of encouragement I can get my hands on. I was even reassuring my friends who were the same age as me that 2011 was going to be our year.

I’m happy to report that 2011 was my year. I got hired by an outstanding company, a young consulting firm that is ideal for my budding engineering career. Because of that, I married my girlfriend of two and a half years, and I am currently in the process of sponsoring her to come to Canada. I was able to fly to the Philippines and see her twice in 2011. Everything was coming up Marc!


The only downside to this is that Let’s Touch Fives! wasn’t gathering the attention it warranted. My love for writing and putting together mixtapes hasn’t faded in 2011, but because I was working and was visiting the old lady all the time, I just didn’t have any extra free time. With that said, these (t5!) My Year In Lists is such an important personal exercise that it’s going to take a life-altering event that would render me unavailable for 24 hours, 7 days a week for me to not persist. Sure, its materialization is a month late, but it’s here. It is absolutely necessary that I release this to the world, even if I had to sacrifice a couple of hours of sleep every night for me to accomplish that.

If you’re new to Let’s Touch Fives! and My Year In Lists entries, I’m going to release the best 30 pop culture events, singles, and albums (in that order) over the next couple of weeks. I’m starting (t5!) My Year In Lists 2011 with #Hashtags, a list of the most blog and Twitter worthy incidents that happened in sports, film, TV, Internet viral videos, fashion, celebrity news, gaming, and kitchen sink design in 2011. Again, obviously I can’t comment on anything that I haven’t watched, used, owned, or experienced first hand. For example, even though I heard that Boardwalk Empire had a shocking season finale and Hugo was lovely and heartwarming, I haven’t seen them yet so I can’t put them on this list.

Starting tomorrow, I will count down the top 30 #Hashtags of 2011, but today I want to give you an amuse bouche. Here's a list of 30 #hashtags that didn’t make the cut but deserves an honorable mention.

Anderson Silva
Attack The Block
Boston Rob
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Curb Your Enthusiasm's "Larry Vs. Michael J. Fox"
The Descendants
Drew Brees
Drive
Facebook Timeline
Futurama's "Reincarnation"
Hope Solo
Jacoby Ellsbury
Kate Upton
Louis C.K.'s "Hilarious"
Margaret
Memphis Grizzlies
Moneyball
Nike Air Mags
NHL All-Star Draft
Novak Djokovic
Open Court
Pippa Middleton
Richard Blais
Rob Gronkowski
San Francisco 49ers
Scarlett Johansson
Shameless
Tim Thomas
Wilfred
Winnipeg Jets

Flash forward to (t5!) My Year In Lists 2011: #Hashtags! 30 to 21!

P.S. Go Pats!

Comments

Popular Posts