This Week On Billboard: Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry

This Week On Billboard is where I unabashedly critique the current no. 1 hit on Billboard.com, the major yardstick for what's "hot" in music today. In order to simplify the review for those who don't want to read the whole article, each song is given a "!" rating, in which the finest grabs five of them.


Weeks in No. 1: 1

Weeks in Chart: 19

From the The Dutchess LP

!




It's lifeless, directionless, charmless, unexciting, uninspiring, unintelligent, etc. Just when I've warmed up to "London Bridge" and "Fergielicious" (after a year, i know), she switches her object of mimicry from Gwen Stefani to Pink. At least when she was doing unintentional remakes of "My Humps", the euphoric dancing that tend to happen during these things drown out the lyrical vomit. I discovered that there's no way I can attentively listen to Fergie Ferg.



Comments

Popular Posts