This Week On Billboard: Fergie - Glamorous

This Week On Billboard is where I unabashedly critique the current no. 1 hit on Billboard.com, the major yardstick for what's "hot" in music today. In order to simplify the review for those who don't want to read the whole article, each song is given a "!" rating, in which the finest grabs five of them.

Weeks in No. 1: 2

Weeks in Chart: 10

From the The Dutchess LP

!!!


"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got/I'm still (I'm still) Fergie from da block." It's unfortunate because the Polow Da Don musical accompaniment here is quite attractive, but Fergie's allergy to eloquence is once again displayed in this third single. At least she's moved on from creating songs that share the same subject matter as "My Humps".


[watch | listen]

Comments

winnie said…
i thot u werent a lyrics man... that all it mattered was it had a nice melody on it? well, i dont even like fergie nway. but she doesnt have a signature sound to her music ( like justin timberlake do), which we shud give her for that! my humps is distinctive to glamorous...which is good! so we gotta give the girl some props too u know?

Popular Posts